Numerous studies and researches have shown that cannabis can have a positive role to play in pain management, reducing inflammation, and managing mental health issues, including depression and anxiety. It’s not surprising the number of medical cannabis users has increased drastically in the US, and 33 states have approved marijuana for medical use. Today, if you have a medical marijuana card, you can find a Wheat Ridge dispensary and buy your dosage without any problem. To add to that, 11 states including Colorado have legalized recreational marijuana too.
In this post, we are sharing 5 things that people need to know before using marijuana –
- Cannabis has numerous compounds, but only one causes the ‘high’. There are more than hundred different compounds in the cannabis plant, called the cannabinoids, of which only THC is psychoactive.
- There are three categories of marijuana strains. These are Sativa, Indica, and hybrids. Sativa strains are more energizing in terms of effects, while Indica strains are calming and relaxing. Hybrids blend the best of both.
- The THC content matters for buying marijuana products. Yes, that’s right. Every strain is unique, and if you have never purchased cannabis products before, just check the THC content.
- Edibles take longer to take effect. Smoking marijuana will offer an instant high, and the same is true for vaping. Edibles, on the other hand, must be digested for the effects to kick in, so go slow, and you can expect these effects to last for as long as 10 hours.
- CBD products will not cause a high. Most CBD products come from hemp – the least processed version of the cannabis plant. These are produced to have less than 0.3% THC, and therefore, you will not feel intoxicated.
- Cannabis products must be purchased from the right store. The quality of the strain and how the marijuana products are made make a big difference to the eventual effect and benefits. Make sure that you select a knowns source or dispensary for your supplies.
- Edibles can be made at home. If you can buy cannabis-infused butter or sauces, you can make your own edibles at home. Just keep a check on the dosage. Gummies, bars, and candies are best purchased online.
Finally, allow your body to react to a marijuana strain before going overboard. If you are using cannabis for a medical purpose, talk to the budtenders at the dispensary to know what may work best for you.